What the numbers say (and don’t say) about SEO.
- In 2017, Google accounted for over 79% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55% and Yahoo at 5.06%.
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day. (Source: Internet Live Stats)
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer. (WordStream, 2016)
- In 2017 mobile accounts for 50.3% of all web traffic generated worldwide.(Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/241462/global-mobile-phone-website-traffic-share/)
- The average first-page result on Google contains 1,890 words. (Source: Backlinko, 2016)
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (Source: HubSpot, 2017)
- In 2018, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020. (Source: web strategies)
- In 2017 46.8% of the global population accessed the internet and by 2021 this figure is projected to grow to 53.7%.